Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Best Dog EVER.

Our lab Sabot (pronounced Say-bo), is the most easy going, well-natured dog EVER. His goal in life is to make everyone happy (except for when his diet-induced hunger occasionally overtakes him and he can't control himself).

Skylar frequently crawls on him while he's taking a nap and he doesn't flinch. She'll just sit on his back and bounce and he sleeps right through it. She takes his bone from his mouth, and has even taken his bowl away while he's eating (we don't let her do that!) and he has never snapped. She pulls his tail and swings from it. He is constantly getting beat up by Skylar and Jack, sometimes they even tag team him:
Yesterday she was pulling on his lips and "honking" his nose like she does to me, and he just let her do it.
I noticed after I took these pictures that she even stuck her whole hand in his mouth at one point and grabbed his tongue! He never bit down he just laid there. I highly recommend a young lab to anyone with kids who is looking for a dog. His tolerance level is amazing.
On the down side, Skylar thinks ALL dogs are like this and wants to play with them all....obviously not always a good idea. When we were in SC, she was crawling on an older dog's back and he got mad and tried to bite her. I just screamed of course (apparently that's what I do in stressful situations) but Cynthia was rational enough to grab her and save her from permanent defacement. Skylar was completely unphased by it. She thinks that when dogs growl, they are playing like hers do. At least by the time Sabot is old and crabby, Skylar will be older to.

So hurry, go get your Lab puppy today!!! You're husband will understand.

5 comments:

  1. I miss Sabot! I love him so much! Have you figured out what's going to happen when you come to SC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! He's definitely the happiest dog I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri, I am not going to let Jon read this post. He misses Sabot so much. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even like dogs that much and I like your dogs. Sabot is a really, really sweet dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that labs are the best dogs with kids. We have a black lab, Gabby, and she is perfect with the kids (and us)!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...