Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Whose that Spartan in my tee pee?

This started out as a very simple post with a link to an SNL skit.....and then I got all nostalgic and ran up to the attic to dig out some old photo albums....and it became a saga from Spring Canyon in the late 90's.

What started it all was Skylar's Chihuahua pajamas (so, so ugly).
There is also a Chihuahua that jumps maniacally in a window of a house that we drive by frequently and we always watch for him.
And then our neighbor across the street gave us a stuffed Chihuahua that didn't sell at her yard sale (not sure why that wasn't snatched right up!) and now Skylar sleeps with it at night.

And all three of those things take me back to my summer camp days when Marie, Betsy, Sarah and I would do "The Perfect Cheer" Chihuahua style on skit nights. It was an ongoing series, and let's just say we were kind of a big deal.....
Pictured here rehearsing our #2 greatest performance of all time: "It's Raining Men" lip sync.
We were a fearsome bunch, mud wrestling in our free time, which thankfully we didn't have much of.

One of our many successful midnight raids against various people groups at camp. We took many captives in the wee night hours and spared no one. Other staffers slept fitfully, fearing our ambush.
Not only were we incredibly talented performers, we were also having the time of our lives. And it didn't hurt that we were really, really ridiculously good looking. And modest of course.

Hey! Speaking of ridiculously good looking, whose that guy in the wife beater? Is he cleaning a camp bathroom? No wonder I married him!
And oh look! There's my sister-in-law Kristy and Angela Haddick. They haven't aged a day.
So when I see Skylar in the Chihuahua PJ's....the cheer starts up. And when I tuck her in at night with the stuffed Chihuahua...it's cheer time again. I just can't help myself. The cheer lives on.

Obviously Skylar picked it up. I've completely nerdified her.

I heard her in her room today holding her dog and chanting.....

"Chihuahua, small dog,
Chihuahua small dog,
 ARF, ARF, introduce yourself....
My name is Finwee, I like to toot, but that's okay, cause I'm so cute! ARF".

I guess some things are important enough to be passed on to the next generation. (We've also been working on John 3:16, but it hasn't taken yet--maybe I need to make it into a cheer).

And while I'm at it, I may as well post the inspiration for it all. SNL just hasn't been the same since Will left....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...