Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bruschetta.

This is my favorite way to do bruschetta. Okay, it's my only way. But that's because I like it so much that I haven't even looked for another way.

It's inspired by the bruschetta we had at the Tennessee Pass Cafe in Leadville, Colorado the evening Micah proposed. Maybe I should call it "Engagement Bruschetta". Maybe if you're single and you make it a man will suddenly show up at your doorstep and propose to you. No promises though.

Anyway, I crave it mostly in the summer. I think it's great as a light meal with a salad. I made it twice last week when I was THIS hungry (enter gratutious picture of starving baby):


So here's how to make it. No exact measurements here, just add more or less of whatever you like. Mix together:

-Cannellini beans (although navy or great northern beans work too)
-calamata olives chopped
-cherry tomatoes chopped
-handful of flat leaf parsley chopped (I frequently substitute cilantro if I already have it)

Just slice your baguette about 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal, brush with olive oil and toast until crispy and browned. After you take it out of the oven, peel a clove of garlic and rub it on each slice (the garlic flavor will get all over the bread without any pieces of raw garlic--it's yummy). Then give each piece a smear of herbed goat cheese. I go easy on the stinky cheese. You could omit it altogether or use feta. Then spoon on your topping and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I think I will have to make it solely to see if a man will appear on my doorstep to propose. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...