Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You need to read this.

**Update: Micah brought to my attention that I never gave the author's name. It was written by W. Cleon Skousen about thirty years ago.

I am currently reading this book, and it's amazing.......It's shocking how little we Americans (especially me) know about our nation's history, the Constitution and our founding fathers. I'm attempting to better educate myself on a topic I always thought was boring, and I'm finding it's completely fascinating. In fact, I've been really convicted about the importance of getting back to our roots and understanding what has made our nation great. If history isn't being taught adequately (or accurately in some cases) in schools then it's up to us to seek out the truth.

The book discusses the 28 principles that our nation was founded on, and how they have resulted in more progress in 200 years than was made in the previous 5,000 years combined. So far it's been fascinating, and even though the subject matter is "academic" it's not the least bit dry. It's nice to feel like I'm actually stimulating my brain cells again. It's been awhile:)

2 comments:

  1. So funny...I've been feeling the same way lately. I just borrow 1776 from the Mitchells. I'll have to check this one out next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! Please post a short review (if that's possible) when you're done reading it. Aunt Raina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...