Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I lied.

I swore I would never change Skylar's diaper anywhere but her changing table. Now I chase her naked self all over the house and wherever I tackle her is where the diaper goes on.

I also said I would never let her watch TV (she's glued to Baby Einstein as I type this).

Then there's the junk food issue. I vowed she wouldn't have sugar, or empty calories and sodium in things like vanilla wafers and goldfish crackers. Now she happily chomps on her free children's cookie everytime we're at King Soopers.

So it was all a lie.

Exhibit A, The Ice Cream Cone:

Granted, it was a Skinny Cow ice cream cone, but really what does that matter?

Exhibit B, the Goldfish Cracker:

There's just no denying that salty goodness.

The good news is, I haven't let her taste wine yet.

4 comments:

  1. You and me both. I knew there was no going back when I popped open that first can of spaghettios! Now we can roll our eyes together at the moms that have soy crackers sprinkled with flaxseed at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I'm glad those rules are out the window because I've been sneaking her sugar for awhile.




    Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, can i please be there in a few years when you take her wine virginity?? i think that's definitely a job for aunt amy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could write a book about my lies!

    I remember when Cal was still really little (like 2 months old), a friend of mine telling me how sick she was of the movie Happy Feet because her daughter had to watch it every day and I thought (to myself) "Why does she think her kid HAS to watch TV? I'm just not doing this TV thing!"

    Yeah... guess whose kid has watched Finding Nemo every day for a week? That would be mine. The good news is he loses interest after the shark part.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...