Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's hard work.

I caught Skylar totally stressing out while trying to feed her baby. She kept sighing and wiping her brow and saying "it's not perfect!" because the nipple didn't fit in the baby's mouth. Perfect is her standard for everything. It doesn't matter how many times I tell her it doesn't have to be perfect. We have a serious perfectionist on our hands.With that raggedy hair and stained shirt she definitely looked the part of a stressed out housewife and I couldn't help but wonder.....is this what I look like everyday? Is she acting like me right now?Is she an emotional wreck all the time because I'm an emotional wreck and don't even realize it? I don't feel stressed out, but maybe I am.


Let me tell you, this little girl has been putting me through the wringer and I am WORN OUT. She has had the worst attitude and she argues with me all.day.long. And stomps her feet. And yells. And today she even spit. (Spit??? Seriously?) This morning she drew all over a couch cushion with a marker. I don't know what happened to my sweet little girl. I want this monster to go find a new home.


Meanwhile the real baby was happily laying on his mat trying to nurse on his hood. I'm so thankful he can't talk yet.

3 comments:

  1. I suspect that much of Skylar's angst is dependent on the recent travels and her excitement about Micah coming home. Hang in there! You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kristy. You are a wonderful Mommy! God gave you the children in the order that He knew was best. Isn't He great? Skylar is a delightful(Mimi sees it from here that way ;) ) hot mess, but as the years go by you will see a person who God has placed here for a special purpose and He is using you and Micah (sometimes ;-) )to guide her. Finley has all ready shown his place as well. He will be a great man with a gentle heart. His sister will add to his life and they will be great friends one day. I have seen this play out before.. how about you? Your family? Kristy and Micah?
    As the Mimi, I can smile and pray. Sometimes I will be able to spell you. But there is nothing like Mom. There is nothing like the love of a mother. It's a tough job, but the rewards are endless. I know now that is true from where I am. You know this and will be "here" too someday.
    Jesus wipes all of our brows for us and we find our rest in Him..and wisdom.
    Hugs Hugs and kisses to all of you.
    Mimi
    PS Daddy will be home and tell him to deal with her ;)! Bill was never gone for as long, but I remember how it feels to have Daddy gone and finally home. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...