Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The good-bye post.

Snapshots is coming to a close.

We are entering a weird transition phase of life. Things are getting busy with the house showing/selling, moving to Massachusetts, gearing up for another separation while Micah heads to Alabama (just for the summer this time), and the kids, dogs and I most likely roaming homeless across the country for a couple of months.....you know, the usual.

I find I no longer have the motivation, energy or inspiration for blogging.

And really, there are so many other ways to post pictures for family and friends. It's my personal opinion that Pinterest and Facebook are sort of making the whole "sharing ideas via blogs" null and void. I don't need to put pictures on here for my own records...I already have them all.

And family and friends can just see them on Facebook.

And any craft, recipe or idea you could ever want is on somebody's pin board somewhere.

So really, blogging is really just a one-sided conversation. There are too many other things that demand my attention (and her name is Skylar).

Thanks for keeping up with us. If at any time I feel overwhelmed with a need to share useless information with the world again, I might revisit blogging.

Until then.......


Bye!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry to hear this, Keri! What you do with your blog is art, creativity and so much fun for the rest of us. Facebook is not that. Still, I totally understand and I hope you revisit that need for creative expression sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up with FB now. And thanks for letting us borrow your wife this week! She's a huge help!

      Delete
  2. Oh Keri, I am so sorry to see this. I have loved this beautiful window into your life. I will miss your beautiful pictures and creative ideas, but mostly I will miss your sense of humor. But I do totally understand. I have thought about closing down my blog a lot recently, although, mine is a lot less pretty and funny than yours...

    If you are inclined to wander out to Montana this summer, you would be most welcome ;)

    Love to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Montana would be so fun:) And the same goes for you all--I know Boston is far away, but it would be a great educational field trip! I've been toying with stopping the blog for months now, and it just felt like the right decision for the time being! I love keeping up with you guys though!

      Delete
  3. We will miss it! Great job ! I love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. What will I do without your commentary on life? I'm going to miss gems like, "We are our own third world country." or "It [his snowsuit] smells like a locker room in there." Thanks for sharing with us all these years. In the meantime, Andy might have to end his Facebook hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Will your travels bring y'all to Colorado to visit the Lathrops and Aunt Nickerdoodle?

      Delete
    2. I can still give you commentary on life...after all you are stuck with me for life. And yes, we would love to come to Colorado. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  5. Unlike everyone else on here, I'm going to be totally selfish and tell you, "Nooooooooooooo!" Everyone in my family loves reading your blog. We talk about the newest pictures of Fin-wee and I was still laughing about Skylar and the pomegranates at the grocery store recently ... That being said, I understand you are super busy and have a lot on your plate. Just promise to keep everyone posted and lots of pictures. I will miss your blog immensely! :(

    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Bethany:) It wasn't an easy decision, but it's the best thing for now.

      Delete
  6. I totally get it! Yay to you being on fb more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sad, no way! --Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super bummed, but I understand. Life is crazy with two growing little ones, still bummed. I always reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHH I'm so sad! I know I'm not the best about writing but I have loved keeping up with your family over time with your BLOG! I've got a couple more weeks until I can get back on Facebook to stay updated. HOpe it works out for you... and you'd better keep things updated there, ha ha! I know how hard it is with the little ones. That's why I gave up FB for lent! Wishing you guys well as you begin traveling. (Did the house sell? And are you going ot post a pink bathroom update?)

    Always,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, I hate to hear this, Keri! Your blog is such fun to read! I do hope you'll change your mind. :) But, if not, I'll watch for you on FB....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...