Friday, June 25, 2010

Crockpot Yogurt

So I haven't posted a recipe in a long time because I'm not in "cooking mode" yet. We are surviving on things like quesadillas, salads and turkey sandwiches, or whatever Micah feels like grilling around here.

But here's a new one I'm excited to pass along!

Last month I got an e-mail from Micah's sweet Aunt Raina sharing this recipe for homemade yogurt. I'll admit I haven't had a chance to try it yet with all the moving, but I really want to! In the meantime maybe some of you can try it and let me know what you think.

Raina said she used 2% milk instead of whole, mixed it with some agave nectar (available in wal-mart now by the way) and serves it over fruit and pecans. Yum!

Here's the link for crockpot yogurt .

While you're there you can find a whole slew of other great crockpot recipes too. Thanks for sharing Raina!

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to make this recipe for over a year now but haven't yet! You will have to let me know how it turned out if you try it. I love that website. In fact, I just used her idea for cooking beans in a crockpot. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this now a couple of times. You will definitely need to add in the unflavored gelatin to help it to thicken. It is still not as thick as the store bought yogurt, but it is good. I don't add the agave nectar until I'm ready to dish out a bowl--otherwise it might make the whole batch too watery. I've also tried this website's recipe for carnitas....they were great...whole family likes them, and very simple! Raina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...