Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Leaves.

I put Skylar to work today raking leaves. She filled 20 bags for me, it was awesome. Okay, so that's not exactly how it went down.

She spent three hours running through the piles "making train tracks" and redistributing armful's of leaves all over the yard. She also took lots of lemonade and Diego breaks, and begged for gumballs constantly. I turned off the heat and left the front doors open so she could go back and forth inside. She wanted watermelon. Her finger was hurt. She needed her nose wiped 20 times. Her hiney hurt. She wanted me to be done. She needed a chai. Her baby needed a blanket to go night-night.

You get the idea.

I wanted to at least get the front yard done before tomorrow--recycling day.


I was trying to get my 2010 "Skylar In The Leaves" picture, and only ended up with a couple of good ones (it gets harder every year):
She was a roly-poly leaf baby in 2008:
And in 2009 I was still able to bribe her into sitting still with a piece of bread:
This year she has pretty much left her toddler days behind her, and is on the verge of being a preschooler who doesn't think her mom's camera tricks are very funny anymore........

Next year her daddy will be home, and I bet raking will be a lot more fun with him. I know it will be for me!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh where have the past two years gone? She is growing up so quick! I miss you both. Blog more! I thought with Micah gone you would be blogging like crazy, but you have been so busy traveling.

    -Josh
    P.S. It may be because I check your blog at least twice a day, but I think it may be time to change the music up :) I do love it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you guys are tackling those leaves! That's my least favorite yardwork (next to weeding). In fact, I might have joined Skylar on the Diego and gumball breaks... but you wouldn't have needed to wipe my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit she is wearing looks like something I would have dressed her in =). Since Josh has confessed I will to...your blog might be the very first thing I check when I come home from work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill says farmers have kids and view them as assets. That kicks in about age....12 to do some heavier work and then comes the team sports and other things so they can get scholarships, they graduate and are gone. Ahhhh...ummmm...just enjoy her! Thanks for the picture of your day in the leaves! (Like you need the exercise!) NOT!
    HUGS! COUNTING the days! ;) Mimi sends her LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok ok true confessions....I check your bog at least twice a day too and then laugh out loud and say things like "Aw.." When random people in my classes look at me questioningly I proceed to show them the pictures and tell them stories that they could probably care less about...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...