Friday, November 5, 2010

Why yes I am!

Almost every time Skylar meets someone when we're out around town they say to her "Aren't you pretty!" It's been that way most of her life so she just kind of expects it now. She usually agrees with them and then says "My shoes are pretty too!"

So today Skylar decided to beat them to the punch and she walked up and said "Hi, I'm 'kylar and I'm pretty!" (I inwardly cringed a little). They agreed with her and she showed them her shoes.

Bless her heart, she just doesn't have an ounce of self-esteem.

I guess if she turns into one of those vain mean girls in middle school, I'll just blame the world for her inflated self-image. But I'll have nobody to blame but myself for her shoe obsession.

Then again by the time she hits middle school she might have bad teeth, terrible acne, enormous red coke bottle glasses (my mom will convince her they are cool, just like she did with me) and still be years away from needing a training bra (oh horror of horrors!). In which case, an inflated self-esteem would be a non-issue and her great taste in footwear may be the only thing that gets her through those awkward years.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I hope that Micah is planning his tactics for keeping the boys away! I bet that Andy will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man oh man I can barely handle the fact that she is 2 1/2! You can't talk about middle school. That inflated self-esteem may help her out when the majority of your attention shifts to the new baby boy/girl.

    Josh
    P.S. Sweet new music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, that's how I'll start introducing myself from now on. "Hello, I'm beautiful, check out my shoes!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) We laugh but I guess would we rather have the hefty self esteem or the lack there of. And two sidenotes: Your new pic looks like the cover of a magazine and...want the good news of the week. Take the Passat to the dealership and have them take apart, clean, replace the hydraulic fluid for your trunk. Viola! No more heavy trunk to lift and shove down. Blessings - Becky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...