Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Love Me Some Target:)

So I avoid going into Target because spending $100 there is sooooo easy. In my previous (pre-Skylar) life I used to go to Target weekly and find all kinds of great things I had to have. So to avoid temptation, I go for "fun" (not to grab something I need) maybe once every month or two. Did I mention it's only 1.6 miles away? Not that I would ever actually clock it of course.

Anyway, I went yesterday and it seemed like everything was 75% off, so I found some great deals! I got a pair of really cute shoes on clearance for $5. A two-pack of pj's for Skylar for $3, as well as a bunch of pants and shirts for her all half-price. A black dress for myself for $7. Oh, and I even found a pair of Mocs on clearance for Marcus. They were the last pair, just happened to be in his size, and were 80% off so I had to get them for someone, and who loves cheap mocs more than Marcus? He usually gets the wal-mart kind, so this is a step up for him.

I also made an incredible discovery that most of you probably won't appreciate except for maybe Amy Hilton who shares my passion for vinegar-y things. I have been on a quest for baked salt and vinegar chips for quite some time. I'm not a big fan of potato chips, and really could take them or leave them with the exception of the afore mentioned flavor. It all started in middle school when my best friend Emily Harmon who was very cool and british first introduced me to vinegar "crisps". When I was pregnant I wanted them all the time, but since they were so bad for me I was looking everywhere for baked ones....to no avail. (I even checked on amazon.) Then yesterday, there they were. The heaven's parted, I heard a choir of angels sing, and a beam of light illuminated the display. Mixed in with the regular fatty chips were the baked salt and vinegar ones. I was thrilled until I tasted them.....a little disapointing. That's okay though, because at least they exist and I will perservere until I find a brand that is mind-blowing.

Now that I sound like a total freak, I hope you all have a wonderful day. Oh yeah, and you'll have to come try them Amy and give me your expert opinion;)

3 comments:

  1. I love Target & vinegar too! There are these great chips we used to get in Maryland called UTZ, and their vinegar chips were soooo vinegary and soooo good!

    I found a bunch of toys for 75% off at Target recently, I have birthday presents for every kid having a party this spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the Target mocs are a lot more cozy than my Walmart ones.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...