Thursday, June 4, 2009

And so it goes.

Here for your viewing pleasure is Micah enjoying our pool. I hope this haunts your dreams.

Skylar and I have had a rough week.

I have not been enjoying her company lately, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. She has started waking up an hour earlier every morning. She's also gone on a nap strike and is taking a little cat nap, instead of her usual 2-3 hours. Then she started fighting her 7:00 bedtime even though she was clearly exhausted. I was gone Tuesday night and it took Micah 1 1/2 hours to get her to bed.

All of this makes for a crabby, whiny little girl. The incessant whining paired with my inability to do anything to make her happy or entertain her, was dangerously close to making me lose. my. mind. And my patience. Everyday this week I've watch her dissolve into a hot little mess before my eyes and wondered, who is this child????

The rainy, cold weather (40 degrees in June, people!!!) just made it worse. Will it ever be summer here in Narnia??????

Then this morning when I heard her wailing over the monitor at 6 am, I decided to put her in bed with me to cuddle in hopes that I could get just a little more sleep....and she slept for 2 more hours with me. It was glorious. Even better, I woke up to a little hand patting my face and big sloppy kiss on my cheek. Of course she melted my heart, and she was in such a good mood from all that sleep. And so was I.

So life is good again.

And it's warm and sunny today. Coincidence? I think not.

You know I have a thing for little shoes, but I'm also a sucker for baby swimwear. I just think there's something so sweet about teeny tiny baby bathing suits.
I also think that a little baby bum is one of the cutest things in the world.......

But a daddy who adores his little girl tops them all! And let me tell you, this one does. ..........And she completely adores him back.

3 comments:

  1. I don't count it as sleeping with you if it's after 5 am! :)

    Teething is as b****. It ruins everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's been rough lately :( But very glad that you got some sleep (and Skylar too!) I often wonder why babies fight going to sleep, especially when they need it. One of life's mysteries! Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pic of micah in the pool is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...