Friday, June 12, 2009

Daily ramblings.

The other day I was in Safeway and they were having a charity fund raiser. They do this frequently, selling some sort of fast food item to people for various causes. Usually, there isn't anyone buying. But on this particular day there was a long line of men waiting in line for rootbeer floats. The charity: Prostate cancer research.

So it appears that men are more than willing to eat ice cream on behalf of their prostates. Eager even, judging by the line. All over the store men were pushing their carts with one hand and eating ice cream with the other while they shopped. I've never seen such skilled multi-tasking. I've also never seen so many men in Safeway, so obviously word spread quickly. All those wives thought their husbands were just being helpful by offering to run to the store.

Later that day Skylar and I were on a walk and a man rode by on his motorcycle with a 12 pack of beer bunjeed to the seat behind him. Seeing a man out on on a nice day taking a ride with his beer just warmed my heart. It was a microbrew too. He clearly has great taste.

In other random news, a bear just ran down our street. I didn't get to see it, but Micah and Nicole did. We frequently have deer, foxes and scrabbits (those are evil black squirrels for those of you who don't know), but a bear was a first.

We also had a beautiful rainbow in our backyard yesterday. Put there by God, just for us (and some of our neighbors too).
Skylar has had a busy little social calender lately starting with Ethan. We went to lunch and then for a walk so she could show Ethan her 'hood.
I thought this was the cutest thing:
They had great fun taunting the dogs through the glass door:
Ethan tried out the swings for the first time.
Today Skylar played with Addie. This picture pretty much sums up how they felt about getting a picture taken:Little Bennett enjoyed his first playdate at the ripe old age of 6 days! Of course he was an angel.
The poor little guy endured all kinds of chaos from Skylar and Addie, even cymbals!
So tomorrow Skylar and I fly to Leavenworth for a little while! I'm not looking forward to holding her in my lap for 2 hours on a plane, especially considering all the trail mix with dried fruit she ate tonight. I was trying to fold laundry and to occupy her I was letting her eat a bag of trail mix, until I realized much to late that it will inevitably result in very bad things tomorrow. What was I thinking???? Nicole recommended I pack myself an extra change of clothes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...