Thursday, June 25, 2009

My new favorite show.

Top Chef has been and always will be my favorite show. However, there is room in my life for one or two more. Does anyone watch the Dugger's show "18 Kids and Counting" on TLC? Micah, Nicole and I are hooked.

I'm not sure what it is about watching a 9 year olds birthday party at a skating rink (boooring), or watching the Dugger clan make their annual trek to the national homeschool convention in hopes of marrying off a kid or two, that draws us. I think secretly, Nicole and I understand them. They are like our family (homeschooling, matching clothes, vacations in the RV and all) just on a much, much larger scale.

Maybe we appreciate the fact that it's the only squeaky clean show left on tv. I'm fascinated that all of their names start with "J" and they haven't run out of names yet (although "Jinger" is pushing it a little....or a lot.) I also can't believe Mrs. Dugger gave birth to 18 children and is still so....happy. I'm watching to see if she snaps. If I had spent most of my life pregnant or nursing you wouldn't want to be anywhere near me. My hairdresser and I were discussing the Duggers a few weeks ago and she had a good point: God said to be fruitful and multiply and populate the earth, but He didn't mean just one family.

It seems like anytime I watch a reality show about a cute family, they get divorced. (The Newlyweds, Hogan Knows Best, Jon & Kate Plus 8, etc) I'm pretty sure this will never happen to the Duggers, and if it does I will light my TV on fire and never watch anything ever again because I will have completely lost my faith in the reality of reality TV. Don't let me down Jim Bob and Michelle.

Now for some pictures! We took Skylar to America the Beautiful Park, which has an amazing playground and a huge fountain. Unfortunately, the fountain was turned off for the day, but we still had fun splashing in the leftover water.
Skylar can spin for an impressive amount of time without tossing her cookies. We know, we tested it.
I know putting her in these little onsie outfits is wrong. She's too old now, but I think there so cute. Just not from this angle.
She loves watching the big kids play. We told her if she ever decides to walk she can go play with them.
This one is from Father's Day:
Micah got to pick how we spent the day, and he wanted to go to Mimi's for brunch after church. He also wanted a kiss from Skylar, but she said no. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

  1. adorable! oh, and i LOVE the duggars! they are so wholesome and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Duggars too. I cried like a baby at the episode where Jim Bob's dad died. I also cried when the two girls had to get their wisdom teeth out and Jim Bob was holding Jill's hand and stroking her hair.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...