Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ladies who lunch.

Shortly after we moved here a Chipotle opened 5 miles from our house. The only Chipotle in the area. Micah came home from work one day positively glowing with excitement and said "GUESS WHAT"! Before I could even wonder he announced "I JUST DROVE BY A CHIPOTLE AND IT'S OPENING IN ONE WEEK!". And then the heaven's opened up and a choir of angels sang. We decided this was no coincidence--we took it as a direct sign from God that we were meant to be in Columbia. (Up until that moment we weren't sure).

All this to say, Skylar and I had a lunch date with Aunt Kim and Nana yesterday, and we knew exactly where we wanted to go.

While Aunt Kim and Nana tried their first burritos I took a picture, because it's kind of a big moment:
They ate them like old pros, even Skylar was impressed by their burrito aptitude. The first time I ate one I took it out of the foil and the whole thing fell apart in my lap.

We realized while we were sitting there that we represented four generations! We are loving our time close to family that we don't usually get to see. And the burritos are icing on the cake:)

11 comments:

  1. Torture! Sheer torture! I have not had Chipotle since I left Manhattan. Manhattan, Keri! The closest one to us is a good couple hours away. Sigh...enjoy one for me, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! STEVE AND I ARE SUPER EXCITED!!! We might just make a weekend trip to hit the chipotle. You might have to send me the address if you don't mind though...it won't be on the maps yet, I am sure! WE MISSED CHIPOTLE!!! You guys are so LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I am so sorry you've been without for so long. My heart goes out to you and I'm happy to eat a burrito for you. Maybe even two. And Amanda, if you come for chipotle we better see you too! I don't know the address but it's on Forrest Drive, right outside of Ft. Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, we just LOVE Chipotle! Brandon could seriously eat it every day...if I let him :) He's actually eaten 2 burritos in one day! Crazy, I know!
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Keri, We miss our Chipotle lunch dates with you guys. I am glad one opened up for you. I know you must be so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget about Chipotle (I still love it though!), I just think it's awesome that there were 4 generations of you gals sitting, eating and having a great time =) That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture of your grandma eating that burrito is truly priceless. I thought for sure she'd go for the salad or burrito bowl, but nope. :)

    I really like that Chipotle has Coke Zero. Coke Zero AND burritos = happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela- Chipotle is the nectar of the gods. Actually it's just giant tex-mex burritos with really yummy (organic and free-range) ingredients. Lots and lots of delicious calories.

    Marie- Nana ate the whole thing. Every.single.bite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm ... Chipotle. There's one right next to campus, so I eat there quite often. I usually eat the burritos with a fork and knife though (yeah, I'm weird). Cute blog! And that photo is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a Chipotle here in Bloomington....but I've never had a burrito there...I always get the salad...I figure it's gotta be healthier, right? Our Chipotle is right next door to our Noodles, and since Erica is usually with me, we always end up at Noodles instead...her favorite restaurant! Aunt Raina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...