Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Napkin Dress Part Two.

I tried another kind of napkin dress yesterday, and I think I like it even better than the first one. It's a little more involved because it has elastic around the top, but still only requires very basic sewing skills (which is good since that's all I've got). I used a great tutorial that I found here.

As it turns out the hard part was getting Skylar to model for me. She wouldn't stand still so I could get a picture. I guess my "dress Skylar up like a human doll and take pictures for fun" days are over now. Bummer.

Anyway, even with my uncooperative model, I can hardly stand the cuteness. Summer come quickly!


3 comments:

  1. Bill and I are looking at this together..loving the pics and then he asked.. "Are those paper napkins?" No... dear. Cloth. "Oh", he says. Then he asked, is she sewing this dress herself? Yes, I said. "Wow.. Wow!" He remarks. He does not have a wife who can sew, so he is very impressed. So Keri, do not understate your creativity and sewing abilities! We are impressed here!
    Hugs!!!
    Snow is falling.. say it is not so!
    Love you!
    Catch Skylar and kiss her for me.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I especially love the very top one....the pattern is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skylar looks like she is gritting her teeth in the last pic. "Are you finished, YET, Mom?"
    If you lived in Hawaii she could wear those dresses every day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...