Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Roasted Carrots

Don't you hate when something goes wrong on blogger and you have no idea how to fix it? I must have somehow deleted all of my comments from my posts from part of December and January and I have no idea how. Not like it really matters, it just annoys me because I have no idea what I did. Technology hates me. The feeling is mutual.

Anyway, I would likely to announce that we have a television star in the family. My 4 week old niece Hannah is filming an episode of LOST today. She even has a trailer with her name on it. All she has to do is get covered in cream cheese and strawberry jelly, have a fake umbilical chord attached and cry like she's being born again. Poor baby.
In case you're thinking they are stage parents, Jenn and Russell were contacted about it by their midwife, who was contacted by the LOST casting people looking for newborns for a flashback scene. So after an "audition" last week which I'm pretty sure consisted of laying there naked and looking cute, it was determined that Hannah has talent.

You know when you watch those shows where babies are born and they look huge and you think "that is so not a newborn" well you're right. It isn't. It's a chunky one month old. I have no idea when the episode airs, but I'll let you know when I find out!

In other, far more mundane news, I am in love with roasted carrots. I like putting a little melted butter, salt, pepper and brown sugar on them and carmelizing them under the broiler. Then my brilliant sister Nicole introduced Chili powder, olive oil, salt and pepper into the mix and they are yummy!!!

So the other day I happened to notice a recipe for carrots on my nutmeg jar that I've probably been staring at for 2 years and never noticed. It's sad how excited I got. So here it is, in case your nutmeg jar is holding out on you:

Spicy Nutmeg Carrots

Mix 2 Tbsp melted butter, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 tsp garlic salt, and 1/8 tsp ground red pepper. Toss with one 16 ounce package of cooked baby carrots. (I didn't cook them first, I broiled them for about 15 minutes after I coated them with the good stuff).


They are so good. I might go make more right now and eat them all myself while Skylar is sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! You have a star in the family! And the carrots look yummy-hope you ate lots when Skylar was napping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy cool. Jon is a little obsessed with Lost so he was very impressed too. You have such a cool family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...