Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So much fun.

When Skylar was born, Micah gave me a new camera--a Sony Cybershot. It's served me well in the past two years. As she's gotten older (read: busier) it's gotten harder to get a good shot and I felt like I was always missing the moment because the shutter speed was too slow. Then it got a little wonky (no doubt due to all the abuse it's incurred) and wasn't focusing half the time.

For a few month now we've been talking about getting a new camera. We've researched and gotten recommendations but had no real plans to buy one until last week when my sweet husband said "We need to invest in our families memories, you should order a new camera". (Awwww). So I did. A grown-up camera. The kind you don't let your toddler even think about touching. And two days later it arrived (gotta love Amazon's free two day shipping!).

Now I can't stop taking pictures......
It's very user friendly, but I have a whole lot to learn.
Nobody is safe from the camera (except Nana, but only because she was busy cooking).....
Especially not the Right Reverend Brown (my Uncle Robert). Doesn't he just look like a pensive preacher?
A few weeks ago Skylar had her first salon experience when she got her first haircut. (If you can call Famous Hair in the Wal-Mart strip mall a salon. I'm thinking you can't.) They took 3 inches off the back and evened it all up. I think it looks much better.
It didn't solve her morning rat's nest problem like I'd hoped. She still wakes up like this everyday. I can't imagine life without detangler.
Then there's my fur baby, Jack.....
He's always camera ready. He gravitates to it. Competes with Skylar actually. Who could resist this face? (Except for mean Aunt Margaret. This one's for her.)
Micah's had some fun playing with it too....
When Skylar woke up this morning there I was waiting with my new camera. At least she's a good sport about it.
Someday I'd like to take classes so I actually know what I'm doing. I'll be able to fit this camera with new lenses as my skill level increases. But until then......
I won't be missing the moment anymore!

Thanks again to my sweet husband:)

9 comments:

  1. Yay for a new camera! I love the pictures. Can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo whatdja get? How fun and enjoy! Its by far one of my favorite things...taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri, you are so talented. I wish I knew 1/4 as much as you obviously do about taking pictures!

    I too, am curious what kind of camera you got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics - what camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. It's a Canon Rebel XSi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at the pictures again this morning and I just want to kiss that sleepy little face! I think the one behind the camera has more to do with it than the camera (but that's just me!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW...thats the one on my wishlist...fabulous choice!!! ENJOY and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool! We got a Nikkon d3000 last year and that is my goal...to learn how to use it. I am such a hands on learner, so reading just doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... this camera just adds to what you do so well- Capture those moments that you seem to be able to KNOW will be a memeory, a treasure for those looking at them to be able to be a part of your life. Even the emotions of what is happening in the picture speak to your heart and... you are there. I miss the kisses and hugs tho.. when we will be able to reproduce that on the web? Probably not. YOu get it pretty close tho.
    Love you so much. Thanks for doing this.
    HUGS HUGS Blessings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...