Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just put a fork in me.....

....because I am done.

Do you want to see how DONE I am???? (I went ahead and took a picture for Micah).

Behold my doneness......


See what I mean? This belly is no joke. Skylar is amazed by it. She thinks I look done too.

Except that I'm NOT done, I still have 3 1/2 weeks to go. Which sort of feels like forever when I'm this uncomfortable, but I know it will be over in the blink of an eye. I am fully aware that right now his every need is met without me doing anything, and life will never be easier than it is right now. Or at least, not for many years. Which is probably how long it will take me to lose this baby weight.

The midwife estimates he's already at least 6 1/2 pounds--a little less than Skylar was at birth. She also thinks he's going to come ahead of schedule. So let's hope she's right on both accounts....or wrong on both accounts.

Regardless, reality has started to set in. It's time to get some things done around here. I had done nothing until I finally ordered a carseat last week. Then I ordered some cradle bedding so he wouldn't have to sleep in a cloud of pink. I'm not doing a nursery yet because I need both guest bedrooms for awhile.

So the cradle isn't actually put together yet.....and the carseat is still in the box.....but I did pack three pairs of my socks in an overnight bag. That's a start, right?

Then I finally faced my fears and ventured into the attic. (Not fear of the attic itself, just all the junk. Avoidance is my mantra).Basically, the attic is 1200 square feet of stuff we don't want to deal with. It's completely unorganized, some of it still in boxes from our move....a total mess. And freezing cold.

I dug out some baby gear and started washing it. I put the swing together wrong and had to take it apart and start over. Same with the bouncer. I think those were Micah's jobs last time. Then I started washing and putting away baby clothes, which I think is the fun part. (By the way, he already has 8 pairs of shoes. I stock up on them for baby gifts, but I raided my gift box and kept them all).

And last but not least, here is one of the cutest baby gifts to date. My sister Jenn bought him a little Baby Phat suit.
Now all he needs is a name. In the meantime I think I'll call him "phatty".

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you Keri! I love all of the little man gear. Hang in there, he will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the nesting begin! ;) We are close!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay only 3 1/2 weeks! And girl...you look AMAZING! SEriouslY! You have this great little basketball and that is it. Yeesh if I could have looked that great that far a long. I feel like my butt grows three times and so does my belly. :)

    You are almost there and don't worry to much, you'll have plenty of time even after he is here to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pictures, and really I thought you both (Skylar too) look great. We are getting anxious,but I'm sure it's a long time for you. Love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keri! You are beautiful and amazing! Thank you for a picture! Trust me, I know how uncomfortable you are, plus keeping up with a toddler and without a husband home with you to enjoy and for him to wait on you hand & foot! I'm so proud of you! You can do this! I love you! Baby Boy Rue has a box coming to him, hopefully next week =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...