Monday, March 7, 2011

This and that.

So I have been struck with a bad case of spring fever. It warmed up to 40 for a day and most of the snow melted away. I could even see some grass. Then we got another 6 or 8 inches yesterday and today. March is my least favorite month for this very reason. It never really feels like Spring and it seems to drag on forever. Or maybe I just live in the wrong places.

It helps that I'm pregnant and can't fit into a sundress anyway. It's nice to hide under winter clothes when you are great with child. And since I'm on the subject, I know I need to post a belly picture because even Micah hasn't seen a picture since Christmas and I've done nothing to document this pregnancy. But I just can't bring myself to do it. It's not cute. I am bigger than I was when Skylar was born and I still have a month to go. I don't think I can stretch another centimeter.

There is hope though. I have noticed that extremely large earrings create an optical illusion that draws attention away from the belly thereby making one appear less pregnant. When I wear big earrings I get comments like "Oh your so small!" Or "What are you...about seven months?" And without enormous earrings I get comments like "Dang your about to pop!" or "I say this baby is definately coming in March". This has happened enough times to ensure the earrings are in place when leaving the house. I switched to big necklaces a couple of years ago and gave earrings a rest, but in light of my recent discovery big earrings are my priority again these days.

On a completely different note, gas here is almost $4 a gallon and every time I fill up I want to hurt somebody.

And one more thing. My friends, Nate and Angela Haddick are adopting a special needs child from Eastern Eurp[e and have set up an account for (tax deductible) donations to bring her home. As an added bonus you get to enter into a drawing for an I-pad. Go HERE to read their story and donate if you feel led. But hurry because you only have 4 days.

Okay, that's all for now. No pictures today.

4 comments:

  1. Keri I can understand completely. I haven't posted any belly pictures because I do not feel cute at all. Not at all. Maybe I need to try the big earrings thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =( I understand! I was hoping to see you with child, but I will respect your wishes and not bug you about it! Maybe it's a boy thing--I was huge with Ethan gained so much and then with Andie, I was smaller and lost all her weight a week after she was born. I'm still working on losing the last 10 with Ethan. Really not discouraging you, even though it sounds like it!

    Even though I can't "see" you, I imagine that you are still as beautiful as ever and glowing! I know you must be excited and nervous! I have been thinking of you lots these past few weeks and anticipating right along with you on the arrival of your son <3 I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Keri!!!

    I wish I thought I could pull off the huge earring thing (at some point in the future, that is). Can you imagine what people would say if they saw ME wearing earrings after not having worn any at all since my wedding day - LOL!!!

    Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... you are amazing and I tink your smile is what does it, not the earrings.;) Your smile draws people's eyes into yours and they see the beauty God placed there. "Lord... I am amazed by you... Keri Austin Rue". And you are an example of that Love that is deep and wide.
    Now.. I do understand the appearances thing.. I ride a horse with a huge behind, that way people riding behind me visually see how small I am in comparison! Yeah, that's it! Plus.. I try and wear something that helps cover the "abundance" I have. Back to you...I am sure that you are radient..as always!
    Counting the days...HUGS all to all!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...