Sunday, September 25, 2011

Home made pudding pops.

I know popsicle season is over.

But popsicle molds are on clearance at Wally World for $2. And really there is no such thing as popsicle season at our house since we always have them in the freezer. I figured it was worth picking up a pack or three and spending the 5 minutes to make some.

My slightly OCD assistant washed the molds for me and then lined them up in color-coded rows to dry.




Basic pudding pop recipe:


1 box of pudding mix
2 cups of milk
1 tub of cool whip

I didn't have cool whip, so I used a leftover tub of ricotta cheese I had from the Italian deli next door. This isn't like the regular ricotta I've gotten before, it was the real stuff--almost a cream cheese consistency. I figured it would reduce the sugar, add some protein, and quadruple the fat. And well....I just needed to get rid of the ricotta cheese. They actually taste good. You would never know it's ricotta.

My recipe:

1 box of cook and serve chocolate pudding made according to the box (I know it's more work but it tastes soooooo much better)
A cup of ricotta cheese mixed into the pudding while it's still warm


The perfect treat after ballet class. Rehearsing your elf routine for the Christmas Recital is hard work. (Seriously, the little ones are elves....total rip-off...why not a sugar plum fairy or something fun??)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...