Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend in Review

It's finally spring in Colorado....now that it's almost summer. Our lilac bushes have been in full bloom. I love them and they smell so good.
I like living in an older, established part of town because we actually have big trees and vegetation in addition to our mountain view. I took this from the living room window:
(NORAD is on the left side in this little mountain in case you care about mysterious government things like that.)

On Saturday morning Amy picked up Nicole and I to do a little yard sale-ing. I've never been much of a yard sale, thrift-store, flea market kind of person because you have to dig through so much junk to find one great deal. However, after discovering the wonders of Craig's List for baby things, I have a new appreciation for the thrill of the hunt. It's the best way to find cheap toys for Skylar. It's not like she's going to play with them for more than two weeks anyway.

I was thrilled to get this push car for FIVE BUCKS:
As you can see, Skylar was thrilled too. I almost got her one for her birthday and now I'm so glad I didn't since this one looks just about new and I saved myself $45.

I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning all of the carpet and upholstery in the house. Nicole took Skylar away on an adventure, Micah vacuumed in preparation for me and I cleaned to my heart's content. I LOVE cleaning carpets. Every 3 months or so I get a professional steam cleaner and do the whole house. Nothing makes me happier than seeing all that dirty water come out. If you've never cleaned your couches before, you'd be amazed at how disgusting they get just from sitting on them. Must be all those dead skin cells....

Nicole is outfitting an apartment so she's been collecting furniture at all of the above mentioned places. She's gotten some really cute stuff! I went with her last week and found this bookcase for Skylar's room for $5 at a flea market:
It's nothing great, but I repainted it and then rearranged her room and organized all of her toys, books and went through her clothes. It's incredible how much stuff a baby acquires in just one year. Thanks to hand-me-downs and my obsession with tiny footwear, Skylar has more shoes than I do and she doesn't even walk yet. Seriously. I might have an addiction.

But how cute are these? I couldn't walk away.
Okay, and these:
I bought these 3 months ago for her dedication and then took them back because I wasn't going to spend $13 for baby shoes. Then last week I was at Target and there was one pair left that just happened to be her new size for $3.25. Clearly this was destiny. How could I say no to a bargain like that?
On Sunday Micah did some bike riding with Kristy and Andy, then came home and organized his tools and did yard work (can you feel the testosterone?) followed by a little swim in our spacious family-sized pool.
Skylar is a little underwhelmed by her kiddie pool after swimming at the Y with it's faux beach, elaborate fountains, whirlpool jets and great big slide. Maybe we'll upgrade to one with seats and cup holders by the end of summer.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the baby gladiater sandals! hehe, i'm remembering when you, me, and mary-anne would 'tan' in your backyard with cocktails in our kiddie pool with its oh-so-fabulous cup holders and seats. what a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...