Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Aspens

My friend Mary-Anne and her son Ethan have been staying with us for a couple of weeks in preparation for their move down to Ft. Hood. We decided it would be fun to pack up the kids for a little day trip up to the mountains. Since we're both moving away we wanted to go see the leaves changing.

We hung out at the park in Buena Vista, ate ice cream cones at K's and then went up to Spring Canyon to check out the scenery. After sitting in her car seat for two hours, Skylar needed to do gymnastics for awhile.
Then she wanted to lay in the grass. So we did.
This was our view from the ground:
Ethan recently started walking!
The aspens did not disappoint.........
We kept trying to get a picture of Ethan and Skylar together, but all we could catch was Ethan's backside. He had places to go and no time for pictures.
Guess who was ready to pose? Surprise.
One of the best views in the world:

5 comments:

  1. How cool! How beautiful! I am so glad you went to take it in one more time. Skylar is such a hoot! I love how you are so in tune to her. She is one blessed little girl. You are the perfect Mommy! and wife and daughter in law.. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of that trip we took out to SC in fall one year. I'll never forget when Micah pretended to be a bear and scared the living daylights out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous. It looks like you guys had so much fun. We miss you guys. Fall in Texas is not the same kind of experience as Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! And you went to K's - I am so jealous! P.S. No more talk of this imminent "move" it makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is truly one of the earth's beauty spots. Made me homesick. Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...