Friday, October 16, 2009

DIY Baby Legs

***Edit: My original link to the instructions wasn't very clear, so go here to learn how to make them.

I am so excited about my latest project that I am inspired to blog two days in a row!

I got this idea from a lady I have never met, but her father was sitting at the same table as Micah and I at an MCYM luncheon where Micah spoke a few weeks back. He was telling us about his children and grand kids and told me I just had to check out his daughter's blog. So I did, and while she is far craftier than I (she has lots of cute projects on her blog), this looked like something I could actually do--and so can you.

They are baby/kid legwarmers made out of women's knee socks and they seriously take 10 minutes to make (more like 20 minutes the first time while you figure out the directions). I bought 3 pairs of socks on Ebay for 1.25 a pair and decided to give it a shot last night, and here is the end result:
Skylar wasn't being a very cooperative model so I'll just leave her whiny little face out of this picture:)
Okay here's her face (studiously ignoring me) and her new leg warmers in action. (The dress is a hand-me-down from Addison Hilton--thanks Amy!!)
Considering BabyLegs are $12 a pair, these are well worth the few minutes it takes to make them and way cuter than most tights. I also anticipate them being perfect for potty training whenever that happens. At any rate, I am totally hooked now and Skylar will definitely be sporting these all winter.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! So how did you make them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked to the sight at the beginning of the entry, you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved baby legs for Addie when she was little. I don't think I could fit Bennett's little thighs into them if I tried. Skylar looks so cute in the dress with her baby legs, that was one of my favorite dresses on Addie. You are far more clever than you give yourself credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think that you should make baby legs for Micah and Jack.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...