Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A few new favorites.

Here are a few of my latest finds that I feel the need to share with everyone who will listen....or read.

First up, this handy hamper from IKEA. The best $10 I ever spent. I like that it's 1) dirt cheap 2) inconspicuous 3) holds a ton of laundry.......

and 4) you can divide your lights and darks as you go. It's like two hampers in one. I am the queen of overflowing hampers, and I have yet to completely fill this thing. It holds 3-4 loads of laundry. Amazing.

Last weekend while in Charlotte with our friends Randy and Chad Johnson (my pictures of them didn't turn out, I knew I should have hauled my new camera with me!), Randy mentioned that she wanted to look for something in Forever 21. Normally I don't shop there, but I went in with her and of course, I'm the one that found something while she walked away empty handed.

But guess what? They have amazing sandals. I got these for $7.50 and that's the regular price, not a sale. I've worn them almost every day since, and even if they only last for two months it's okay. If you go online they have 3 pages of adorable and affordable sandals, including these. There were about 10 other pair that were to die for.
I don't know about you, but turkey sandwiches are pretty much my favorite thing. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Usually I forgo the cheese on my sandwich because I can't really taste it anyway, so it's just a waste of calories. (If I do use cheese it's either 2% milk pepper jack or Jarlsberg Light--both can be tasted in a sandwich--yes, I'm a dork).

Anyway, I was at Wal-Mart and got really excited to see that they now have sliced Smoked Gouda in the cheese aisle. Who knows, maybe it's always been there and I've been blind. Usually you have to get it from the deli and pay and arm and a leg, but it's less than $2 and it's sooooooo good. It's a great change for the same old sandwich/wrap routine. If you can refrain long enough to get IN the sandwich that is.
I was also excited to discover baby pitas! How did I not know about these? They're perfect for making mini pizzas or little sandwiches for kids, or dunking in hummus. They are a little harder to find, but I know Publix has them. A great invention.

3 comments:

  1. Smoked Gouda for under $2, Whoop-whoop! That is AWEsoME I will have to tell my mom too. She loved gouda too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess who got me into eating turkey sandwiches? YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lists of Keri's Favorites!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...