Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Buh-bye mom suit.

I have bathing suit issues just like I have issues with jeans. Is there anything worse than bathing suit shopping? I think not. I've never been a bikini girl. A tankini yes. A teeny bikini.....um, no. I'm no prude, but I have issues with gratuitous amounts of flesh. People have no shame.

When I was packing last week I counted 5 different black bathing suits in my drawer (and a couple of cute colorful ones from my honeymoon that my little toe could wear now--not sure why I'm keeping them--we can all dream, right?). Out of all those bathing suits I don't really like any of them and only wear one. I've been trying them on randomly in stores this season with no luck whatsoever all the while lamenting that they just aren't at all stylish. But seriously, there isn't much to choose from out there. Tar-jay and Old Navy are really letting me down.

But I think there is hope on the horizon--and it's not because I lost ten pounds either.

I recently stumbled across a website that appears to be exactly what I'm looking for and you have to check it out. It's called Lime Ricki and has some cute and modest suits at reasonable prices. I'm always hesitant to order something I can't try on, but I think I'm going to go for it. If you order one before I do, let me know what you think!

Because seriously, this is a cute mom suit, right? And $40. Really.

5 comments:

  1. That is a super cute suit! I am seriously going to have to check out this site, thanks for sharing. And, I just got rid of some bathing suits from high school (ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable and it will look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd look good in a paper bag... Seriously! It all works on you!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I randomly came across your blog and I am glad I did. That is adorable...I love that suit and might need to get one for me.

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Spain!

    I found your blog by chance and I liked it!! So, I'll try to follow you. You will be the First blog I will read in English...it has to be good to practise. (Please, correct my mistakes!! just joking..but if you want to, I'll appreaciate it) :-)

    I would like to try on that suit on the pic, it's very nice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...