Sunday, January 23, 2011

For the love of marshmallows.

This little girl will do just about anything.......
...for a few of these:

Even overcome her irrational fear of her little pink potty.

And then become brave enough to use the big, loud, scary, child-eating potty at the bowling alley. Twice.

Instead of saying, "I have to go potty" she tells me, "Mommy! I need to make some pee-pee so I can have marshmallows!"

Okay, so she may be missing the point a little.

But I'll take it.

I will also take a zip-loc bag of mini-marshmallows in my purse wherever I go.

And I will gladly participate in the crazy three minute, screaming, jumping, marshmallow eating, pee-pee victory dance that she requires of me.


Because she only has about ten weeks to get completely out of diapers, and firmly in those teeny underpants before the process repeats itself.

So I'm pulling out the big guns.

Rainbow marshmallows......

They have "pee-pee party" written all over them.

Now that I've identified her weakness, I intend to use it to my full advantage.

I saw heart shaped ones at Wal-mart today. Those might be next.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't know what to say, except congratulations to Skylar (and you)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the craziest I've-got-marshamallows look I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever Mommy! Ya know, whatever it takes! My brother Martin was the biggest hold out..My poor mother did not handle it as well as you did. She got results, but it was not pretty. Marshmellows is a clever way to it! Bowling again? LOL! I can only handle one or two games, then my arm gives out. When Erica, Drew and Nick come visit, we do lunch and bowl! All those fries make it more fun! ;)
    HUGS HUGS
    Mimi loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. I used to give Addison candy too (it was the only thing that worked) and there was one time where all I had was dove dark chocolates. I realized at the end of the day that she had received 6 or 7 of those. That's a lot of chocolate for a 2 year old. We switched back to gumballs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome!! I've actually starting carrying little post it notes...to cover the sensors on automatic flush toilets in public places. The first time I realized I needed to carry them, Haley set off the sensor three times while she was trying to go (she was a bit squirmy cuz balance on the throne is important)...anyway its scared the b'jeeezus out of her. So rather than having a 3 year old scream out of the fear of being sucked down the toilet I carry the post it notes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray Skylar! It looks like she is running towards those colored marshmallows in the pictures.
    -Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea Skylar!!!We knew you could do it, just time time time. I just read this and sat and laughed and laughed. Love you all. Nana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...