Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting the stink out.

When it comes to soap, I am set in my ways.

Ever since I read a consumer reports study a couple of years ago on laundry detergent, I'm a Tide girl. Even though it costs a little more, it killed the competition in cleaning power. (I do waver if there's a great bargain on a runner-up brand).

I only use Cascade Complete in the dishwasher--no exceptions with this one. Micah went shopping and came home with a generic brand last summer, and that bottle is still under the sink almost full. It took two or three runs through the dishwasher to accomplish what Cascade does in one cycle. Nothing else works as well.

Added bonus: A tablespoon of Cascade Complete with Bleach dissolved in really hot water gets almost every stain out of clothes. Even old stains on clothes that have been dried in the dryer. Even pomegranate juice, which otherwise would have destroyed 90% of Skylar's wardrobe. (She's obsessed with pomegranates). And it does not bleach or otherwise harm your clothes.

When it comes to hand soap, I am loyal to Method. I was (a little too) excited to see they have come out with a couple of kitchen sink versions of their hand soap in a bigger bottle for just .44 cents more. It smells amazing and supposedly gets rid of even garlic and onion smells on your hands. I have yet to put that to the test--so far the Lemongrass smell is enough to make me compulsively wash my hands.


I have used one of these stainless steal bars for years, and if you don't have one you need to get over to Bed, Bath and Beyonce (as Andy likes to call it) and pick one up.

You just rub your hands with it when your washing them, and it really does eliminate all garlic, onion, fish, etc smells completely. (You can rub your hands on anything stainless steal to neutralize odors, but who wants to use a clean pot or the inside of a dirty sink? It's all about convenience folks).

Okay, I think I've reached the end of my unofficial product reviews. Now go forth and smell good.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen the Method brand of soap before...where do you get it? Aunt Raina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you do the cascade complete thing on colors? I am really, really excited about this. Please give me instructions!

    What has happened to us Keri? We used to spend all our time talking about boys and now this...
    I spent an hour happily using my new iron that converts into a steamer. Watching those wrinkles dissolve away was amazingly therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raina- you can get it at Target and most grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...