Friday, January 14, 2011

Just a little bit.

There's something about untouched snow that's impossible to resist. You just have to be the first person to tromp through it.......
This was the morning's accumulation on the driveway. Just a few inches, not enough to warrant shoveling around here.

Skylar's parka and boots are designed for -40 degrees, so there's really no excuse not to go outside. (I realize that gear with a lifetime warranty is overkill and completely ridiculous for a toddler, but I wanted to make sure when she was whining about being cold that she was just whining and not really cold).

Most mornings when we wake up I take her to the window and show her the new snow. A couple of days ago we had gotten about 6 new inches. I took her to the window and said, "Look Skylar, it snowed last night!" and she said in a completely unimpressed tone of voice "Just a yittle bit mom". Um, okay.

The next day we were out running errands with a high of 14 degrees and I said "Wow, it's pretty cold out here!" to which Skylar replied in that same bored tone "Just a yittle bit cold mom".

Well alrighty then, I guess she's a North Country girl now. Either that or her down parka is really working.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm glad that Skylar is learning to embrace winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embrace winter? What kind of talk is that?
    Too bad she does not get to learn an accent from there.. you know like the accent from Visconsin. Ya know now, dat dere people, day lika very much dat dere snow in da vinter! Yepper so! Or Bless your little heart ya'll, at least my grits warm me up before I go out to play!

    Our snow is still here. I moved it out of the paddocks and then Bill started Bella for me and I moved it to the "pond". So..here's hoppin no lava mud when we thaw! If we thaw!
    :)
    Love that girl! Tell her I am counting the days to see her again! Will the zoo be open then? Will there be sea gulls to chase?

    HUGS
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...