Thursday, February 3, 2011

From the inside looking out.

I took a few winter pictures from inside the house looking out through the windows. Lazy? Yes. But I can't fit in my snow pants anymore. And going outside when the actual temperature is -17 (but feels like -40) just isn't fun. We had to do that for a doctor's appointment and it makes your lungs hurt just to breath. (Turns out Skylar's parka wasn't overkill after all! Ha!)

But the good news is today it's above zero! Barely.
And the sun is actually shining! Woo-hoo! Occasionally we hear the crash of icicles. Can these things kill you if they fall on your head?
Frost on the windows......Thank goodness I let the experts talk me into a 4 foot fence, I wanted it to be 3 feet so it would look "friendly" in the land of no fences. Apparently we are having an unusually "mild" winter with far less snow than usual. This sucker might be completely covered next year. I'm pretty sure Sabot could get right over this if he were motivated (or smart enough to figure it out).....

All I can think when I look at this picture is....was I supposed to cut back those cone flower bushes on either side of the walk? Are they going to bloom this year, or did I mess them up forever? Is it too late to do it now? I trimmed back everything else, but these were the last to bloom. (Help gardeners!)

Meanwhile, we are entertaining ourselves inside and resisting the urge to watch NickJr all day. Target had an awesome after Christmas toy sale, and this giant indoor/outdoor tee-pee was 75% off, so I got it for $15. Now instead of a Christmas tree, we have an 8 foot tee-pee in the living room that can comfortably sleep a family of four. (Okay, so maybe not comfortably.....)

My job is to sit inside the tee-pee while Skylar shuttles books back and forth from the playroom for us to read. I can handle that.

And that is the latest from Narnia.

4 comments:

  1. I want to come visit you!!!! I miss you so much! Posts like this just make it even harder!

    Look I'm no gardening genius, but I have never cut back my iris and every spring there is bright green growth coming up underneath the dead stems, so I think you'll be ok.

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures from the inside and I must say that tee pee is super duper COOL! I hope all is well for you guys. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda know your pain about Winter. Ugh! We have it here, only not as bad. It really helps to see the sunshine. And then you make sunshine for Skylar in the house! What a neat Mommy you are!

    Tell Sabot and Jackie Chan to be good!

    Blessings and HUGS!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...