Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Thursday.

This morning Skylar said "take a picture of me picking my nose mommy".

A strange request, but okay. If you really want it in your senior yearbook someday.....

She got really sick last week, and even after a week on antibiotics she isn't back to normal. Everyday, twice a day, I have to give her The Medicine. Her 15 minute fits have been reduced to just a minute or two of panic and hysteria thanks to an M&M chaser.

She still runs and hides from me when I load up that syringe, as though it's going to change anything. She makes herself easy to find with screams of "It's toooo yuuuuuckkkkky!!!"
Although she fully endorsed the nose picking picture, she didn't want me taking pictures of her having a tantrum. I kept asking her to look at the camera and she yelled "Mommy, stop saying my name!" I told her that since I gave her that name, I was allowed to say it if I wanted to. She came back with "No you didn't give me my name. Jesus did! He made the whole world!"

Why yes He did make the whole world. I'm glad you've been listening. Now take your medicine.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That picture of Skylar picking her nose should make her daddy proud! Also, your description of the tantrums sounds so mild compared to what I got to hear on the phone last week. I'm glad that you guys are figuring out a system to reduce the trauma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skylar is getting so big! It is really stinky that she was sick and had to take antiboiotics! Owen had to do the same about three weeks ago for some intestinal bacteria. No fun! He had to take it four times a day with the first dose at 3am. If I had thought of m&m chasers! He would have loved me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there my friend. It sucks that you have to do it all on your own, with no backup at the end of the day (or wine). Keep your sense of humor and you'll come out ok.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...