Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is how we roll.

This is why people with children inevitably end up driving a spacious minivan. So that they can discipline, feed, and groom their children in relative privacy. And so they can become a porta-potty on wheels.

There is only one potty that Skylar likes to use, and so it goes with us everywhere. (And yes, I pour the pee out when I hope nobody's looking. We have become our own third world country). She goes in parking lots with the world watching (I attempt to hide her), and she is not ashamed. Afterall, she's seen her friends pee in their potties in their cars. It's what the two-something crowd is doing these days. This picture was taken at Costco. My apologies to the world.

And speaking of Costco, this past week I've been reunited with some of my great retail loves.

First a friend called to see if we were up for making a trip to Hobby Lobby with her and her two kids. She had previously told me there was one an hour away. I had no idea it was so close. Um...hello? YES, we are ALWAYS up for a trip to Hobby Lobby. So into the minivan we all piled, the children were sedated with the dvd player, and an hour later, there I was.......at the gates of heaven otherwise known as Hobby Lobby. Oh how I've missed it. I wondered the aisles weeping for joy. Okay not quite. But almost. I could have stayed for hours.

Then Skylar and I headed to West Point for a few days to visit my parents and while there we took a trip to Costco. Glory, glory, hallelujah. I have missed Stuffmart and the endless aisle of bulk items I never knew I needed. 500 rolls of toilet paper? 10 pounds of frozen ravioli? Tummy toning underwear in 12 packs? Why yes, please.

And lets not forget the snack bar and samples. I mean really, isn't that half the reason why we all go?

Papa hooked Skylar up with some frozen yogurt and we all helped her eat it (hence the mustache in the first picture).......

And finally, on the way back home we stopped in Syracuse to go to Chipotle. (Can you hear the angels singing? I know I can.) They recently opened one, and now a second one is about to open. There are no pictures to document the occasion.....the camera was the last thing on my mind. It was just me and the burrito bowl. And Skylar. She was there somewhere too, it's all a blur now. A yummy, yummy blur.
So really who needs warm weather and sunshine when there is retail therapy to be had?

7 comments:

  1. You have got to be my favorite blogger that I actually know in real life. You are hilarious. I had no idea moms were driving around with pottys in the back. I need to get with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so funny sorry. I missed all the fun!! I have a chiptole coupon book on my fridge right now that states "tired of free burritos? We're not either"...but as much as I want one the thought still turns me stomach...what has this world come to when yes I actually am tired of free chiptole burritos?Nic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Keri, I thought of you last week while I was eating at Chipotle. Glad you got to enjoy some of your favorite stores, I have always practiced retail therapy. Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We are our own third world country..." LOL

    You are so dang funny. Keri, seriously. How are you doing this? I am so tired all the time. I can hardly function. How are you coping BY YOURSELF farther along in your pregnancy than I am? I've been thinking about you a lot. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Port- a -potty on wheels! Love it! This post reminded me of "Ode to a Pee Pot" - it's probably really sad that I still remember that, but it's one of those things I found when I cleaned everything out before I got married. Sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember doing the porta potty thing in the back of my van, too...many years ago, though! Thanks for the funny memories! Aunt Raina
    p.s. You need to come to Bloomington some day to visit our Jeffrey Alan's craft store...I like it just as much as Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...