Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A fun way to spend one of my least favorite holidays.....

A couple of things were brought to my attention this evening.

First of all, my post about the breast pump may have been TMI for some people's taste and my use of the term "engorgement" in particular (although as far as I know that is the term used by medical professionals) made some people uncomfortable as it is perhaps too.....descriptive.
So to my 10 or 12 readers out there, my intent was not to offend...but what can I say folks....this is my life....just keeping it real. On behalf of the squeamish I will hence forth put a disclaimer at the top of any questionable subject matter (like that really works, you'll read it anyway).
Secondly, I didn't realize I wasn't set up to accept comments from non-bloggers, so I changed the setting. So thanks for the feedback people!

Now for a few Valentine pics. Nicole generously watched Skylar for the day so that Micah and I could go skiing/snowboarding alone. We've never left her for 10 hours before, but she didn't even know we were gone. We came home to a sleeping baby, a Valentine's dinner, flowers, and the best homemade chocolate cake (with ganache frosting!) we have ever eaten. Nicole out did herself, it was a true culinary masterpeice.
It was FREEZING on the mountain...18 degrees at the bottom, so probably below zero at the top with the wind chill. I really hate to be cold. Fortunately, Micah got me some new cozy mittens for Valentine's day. So we had a great time in spite of the artic weather!
I realized that as long as I turn off my brain with the word "Danger" flashing through it, I can conquer much steeper terrain than I think I can. I just have to get in my groove....which was much easier in my pre-Skylar life. These days the thought of taking care of her while wearing a full-body cast is kind of daunting.

I bought Skylar this little Valentine onsie at Old Navy on clearance last year. At the time I was 8 months pregnant, and a 6-12 month onsie looked enormous....but it fits her perfectly. She's getting so big! I can't believe she'll be one in about 6 more weeks.


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...