Monday, February 23, 2009

Yummy!

So I found this really easy recipe for Pizza Lasagna Cups, and they were so good that I have to share even though I don't usually post recipes. I changed it a little:

1 pound ground beef (I used white meat ground turkey)
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
Ricotta cheese
2 cans of buttermilk biscuits (I used the grand size)
Italian seasoning
Grated Mozzerella cheese (I also used romano and parmesan)

Brown the first three ingredients. Press the biscuits into muffin tins and up the sides to form cups. Fill with meat (about 1 1/2 Tablespoons), ricotta (about 1 1/2 teaspoons), sprinkle with a little italian seasoning, and cover with cheese. We like spicy food, so I sprinkled red pepper flakes on top. Bake at 375 for 16-20 minutes.

It makes 16, which probably serves 6-8 people or 4 big eaters. Micah ate 5 of them.

I used lowfat ricotta, low fat biscuits, ground turkey, and parmesan isn't as fattening as some cheeses, so all in all I think it was reasonably healthy. Bonus: It's a great leftover lunch. Enjoy!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...