Sunday, April 26, 2009

I laugh in the face of Vogue.

I must retract my misguided fashion advice regarding capris. It wasn't really my advice, but I did pass it along for which I take full responsibility. That article I read was crap.

It is impossible to live without the capri.

We finally had really nice weather here this past week, so I went through all of my summer clothes and realized that my wardrobe consists of 75% capris, 20% shorts and 5% sundresses. So the first obstacle I face with my "Summer of the Sundress" philosophy is that it would require replacing the majority of my wardrobe. Otherwise it will be the summer of "A Sundress", singular.

Then there's the practicality aspect. I was getting ready for a play date at the park last Tuesday and a sundress didn't seem like the best choice for a windy park. So armed with my fashion knowledge--and still clinging to my bad advice--I turned to my shorts with great trepidation.

Taking the leap from jeans to shorts is no joke people. It requires a recent shave and at least a hint of a tan to cover all those spider veins (thankyouverymuch Skylar). One look in the mirror at my pasty, bruise-covered legs (don't know how I got all of those, I must be running into things during the night) and I ran into the safe, waiting legs of my favorite capris.

The good news is that they barely fit last year and I have plenty of room in most of them this year! Woo-hoo!

The bad news is that I will never make the cover of Vogue, a life long dream of mine. I really thought I had a chance up until now.

The other bad news is that I'm seriously considering adding a fanny-pack to my capri, sneaker, bobby-sock combo. I may as well go all the way, and it'll keep me from losing important things like my keys.

So in addition to my sincere apology for leading you astray, I just wanted to share the valuable life lesson I learned this week:

A life without capris is no life at all.

1 comment:

  1. ha! well, i still have yet to wear capris this season. i consider that to be quite a success story!
    please don't resort to a fanny pack. we'll have to end our friendship. :( and that would be sad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...