Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's so NOT hard to say good-bye.

***WARNING**** (I promised to warn you the next time I wrote about Leonidas.)

I am putting my medela to rest now. I thought about burying it in the backyard and reading a eulogy over it's stony grave. (It is after all my breast friend, the honor is due). In the end, I decided to bury it in the deepest darkest depths of my closet where I won't have to see it until I move again. Even then, I may not find it.

Dearest Leonidas,

You have been my faithful companion for 53 weeks. Thank you for staying awake with me in the wee hours of the night when everyone else was peacefully sleeping. We watched hundreds of episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond together, read books together, sang songs together(you're a great harmonizer!), traveled across the country together, and drove all over Colorado Springs together. You're a great shopper.

You touched many lives. Mostly the people who heard your whirring in the background while I was on the phone with them---which is pretty much everyone. Together we traumatized many a family member, a few (close--VERY close) friends, and one poor truck driver.

You were always there when I needed you--the airplane bathroom, USO bathroom...many a public bathroom. Your steady "whir, whir, whir" assured me that my child would have another meal. Without you she would have starved. Okay, that's a lie. I could have given her formula. But I'm stubborn and I wanted her to have breast milk. Fortunately, you are stubborn too and you persevered long past your warranty and in spite of the abuse I inflicted upon you.

Anyway, while I thank you for your service, I am not going to miss you a bit. In fact, I hope to never see you again. May you rest in peace in your plastic Wal-mart bag.

Sincerely,
Keri

1 comment:

  1. Time for a Dump the Pump party!!! I can bring treats. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...