Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The fun starts in Lugoff.

We decided to go to church with my grandparents at First Baptist Camden last Sunday (the church where we got married). Skylar was happy to check out a new nursery. When I used to drop her off at our old church nursery she was always way more dressed up than the other kids who usually wore play clothes. I like putting her in dresses, so that's just what she wore and nobody cares one way or another in Colorado. But here it's a different story. The other little girls were dressed to the nines in their frilly smocked Christmas outfits and elaborate bows. Skylar looked like a ragamuffin. Not that I cared, I thought she was cute, but it just made me realize yet again that we are in a totally different culture here.She wore a little anklet that my friend Amy Hilton made her. Thanks Amy!!
We thought it would be fun to go see the Christmas lights at night at the Zoo in Columbia. It was drizzly and in the mid 50's but when we pulled into the parking lot there were parents zipping their kids into full blown snowsuits as though the drizzle was actually ice or snow...or something even a little bit cold.
Bekah made friends with this furry little guy:
And Josh had fun milking the fake cow with rubber udders.......
Other than that we've just been hanging out in Lugoff with my grandparents. They're only 20 minutes away and Nana has cooked dinner for us almost every night since we got here! Typically we do something wild and crazy like this (Josh is playing digital Yahtzee):
Skylar is loving all of the extra attention from her entourage of adults:These are Nana's orthopedic shoes. She assured me that at some point you just stop caring and it's all about the comfort and that this is what I will be wearing some day too. And so will you. Consider yourself warned.
Skylar adores Coco the poodle. All she talks about all day is "cocococococococo". He's so sweet with her and just sat there while we put the hat on him over and over again.
Today was spent at the hospital with Josh. He had his fifth (and hopefully last) knee surgery today. Everything went well and Bekah is currently pulling night shift. Josh was relieved that they got new hospital gowns since the last time he was there. Not only was it significantly longer than the old kind--very important when your that tall--but it also plugged into the wall so you could blow hot or cold air through them. Doesn't that sound fun?

1 comment:

  1. Keri, my life is not the same without you here. I love your sense of humor & the fact that in the "south" people think it's cold when it's 50 degrees. Seriously?! Also, I know I'm a PT, but I refuse to ever wear those ugly shoes. I'll just take good care of my feet now so I can keep wearing stilletos when I'm 80. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...