Sunday, December 20, 2009

My "sad report" for the day.

So tonight I decided to go shopping at 9 pm and take advantage of the extended shopping hours and empty stores. I had a short and definitive list of things I was looking for and the plan was to first go to TJ Maxx HomeGoods to see what bargainy miracles awaited me and then finish up at Target. Great!

Except, when I got to TJ I got a wee bit side tracked by a cute pair of jeans. You know I'm always looking and ever hopeful and really plans are stupid anyway. So after I had finished the rest of my shopping I stopped at the dressing room to try them on (against my better judgement I might add). I was the only person around and there was a half-asleep attendant who looked like the extended hours were kicking her butt.

What followed is hard to believe and yet 100% factual.

I held up the jeans and said "I have one". She said, "I need you to hang it up on this bar so I can count them". Um....o-o-okay. I dutifully hang up the pair of jeans. She stares at them for a second and then says "Okay, you can take them back" and hands me a "1" tag. I suppress my giggle and go try them on.

They didn't fit right (as is usually the case) so I came back out and was getting ready to add them to the discard rack when the attendant said "I'll need you to hang them back on the bar so I can count your item again". Really? I mean really???? Surely she is joking. But after staring at her for a few awkward seconds I realized she was totally serious. Okay, so the first time it was funny but now I'm just sad for her. I couldn't help but ask "Do you guys have a big stealing problem or something?" To which she replies, "Not really, this is just how we are trained".

As we southerners like to say "bless her heart".

1 comment:

  1. Bless her heart is right! Welcome "home". I hope this does not rub off on Skylar, then again... you turned out OK.. infact.. all of you did! How did you escape?
    Merry Christ-mas!
    Love you
    Travel blessings
    Hugs to all in NY!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...