Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Feet

You all need to go to your local Payless and pick up a pair of these cute little slippers (minus the piece of lint on my toe) for only SIX DOLLARS. They're on sale right now. I've recently rediscovered Payless after an 8 year hiatus and they seem to have really improved things. For that price you can afford to show your feet a little love and tell them Merry Christmas from yourself. (They come in three cute colors, I had a hard time choosing).
In other news, Skylar is offering you her personal training services. She is willing to sit on your neck and help you stretch for a nominal fee. (She's also in that "naked and free" toddler stage so I let her run around in her diaper a lot these days).
It appears there will be no picture with Santa this year. Skylar ran up and took the candy cane he offered, told him thank you and ran back to me before I could even get a picture. That was fine with me. Ever since I heard on the news a couple of years ago that a large number of Santa's have criminal records, I haven't looked at them the same way. She sure enjoyed the candy cane though and I think she learned an important lesson: taking free candy from creepy men is totally fine as long as they look like Santa.
Fueled by that sugary goodness she then went up to the candy dispenser display at the mall (how do they even know what this stuff is if they've never had it???) and proceeded to hug and kiss each one.
I guess she was hoping if she showed them a little love they would reciprocate and give up a gumball. If only it were that easy.

2 comments:

  1. What a smart girl! Would this be an appropriate time to tell you that I have bought stuff for Skylar out of gumball machines? The love could be my fault. I just can't resist how happy it makes her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri.. you told me about Kristy and Micah and gumball machines! I did not know that! I guess because I vehemently (is that too strong?) denied them the opportunity to “throw away” their money.. they have become like the old people who went through the BIG Recession and not wanting to leave any food on their plate. They take opportunities to live it up now and pass it on to Skylar. Is there a lesson here for you as a parent? I learned mine. I created a problem for my daughter- in- law and her parenting. I am so sorry! Damage done.. all I can say is sorry. Love you!

    OK and Kristy’s confession makes me need to confess… we saw a creepy Santa in Walmart when we were in CO for Thanksgiving(cheap beard too- not even a chance of looking even close!). Skylar would not go to him either, but he offered her a candy cane. She took it and thanked him with her sign language thank you. Santa and his “helper” thought she was deaf and asked me what “words” she knew and could I sign to her “you’re welcome”. I smiled and said that I am GranBabe and only know a couple of words. Skylar then motioned to LEAVE. As I walked away they were practicing “thank you” in sign language. Now.. I had a sticky candy cane for GranStud’s car. Evidence of GranBabe gone wild! Thank goodness for baby wipes. They clean car upholstery well. (Don’t tell Bill on me..please?)

    How’s the apartment coming?
    Travel Blessings!
    Hugs all around!

    PS Kristy.. it was 12:11! What were you doing still up that late? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...