Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm baaaack.

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to blog about something over the last couple of weeks. We are now in our apartment in South Carolina and just got our Internet hooked up today. So here I am sitting on the edge of a baby gate for a chair (we have no furniture yet) blissfully uploading my pictures. I'm officially home. (Apparently, home is where you set up your computer. And yes I realize how sad that sounds.)

It's nice to not be traveling anymore. We've had some adventures along the way, but other than getting rear-ended on the highway in NC, I can't really think of them right now. The highway patrolman was decidedly unpleasant with me as he informed me he didn't have to write me a police report if the damage to my car was under $1000. Let's just say southern hospitality doesn't necessarily extend to misplaced Yankees. (If you aren't sure if you're a Yankee than that probably means you are).

So I'll stick with pictures for now.

Here are Skylar and Granbabe playing "taco" in the new dog bed (before it was used by a dog):
Sweet kisses:)
The horses are always a big attraction, but it was SO COLD that we didn't get to spend too much time outside or in the barn.
Here's Skylar picking up the "Osage oranges" and I have absolutely no idea what that means. I just know they fall from the trees and Skylar enjoyed harvesting them.
She takes her job as a farm girl very seriously.
Her Great Aunt Karen came over for dinner bearing gifts. Skylar loved all of the thoughtful things Karen brought her, but especially these puzzles!
Meanwhile, Bill was hard at work making all sort of yummy things for us. I really need his recipe for turkey curry sliders.....so good!
I found this on my camera, probably taken by Gayle, of Skylar showing off her penguins. She loves her penguin and monkey jammies the best!
I also got to spend a great afternoon with Marie and her girls, but of course I was so busy talking that I didn't snap one picture! I realized it later and was so mad at myself!
We ended up leaving Leavenworth a little sooner than expected because we were trying to beat a snowstorm and see Dave Zupancic before he deployed. Amy Armstrong graciously let us stay with her on short notice and we had the best time!
Dave and Micah the evening before he deployed:
Amy made us some muffins from Barb (her sour dough starter, yes she named it) and they were AMAZING and picture perfect to boot:
Amy having a morning beverage and being fabulous.
It was so good to spend time hanging out and catching up (and the Nut and Berry Martinis weren't bad either!).
Skylar was being a bit uncooperative in this picture. We think she's getting ready to turn 2 or something.
All in all, we spent 6 days driving and Skylar was great in the car. We rolled into Spartanburg, South Carolina around lunch time and went to Bojangles (Micah got to pick) for our inaugural meal. While we were there (none of us ate fried chicken, so I'm not sure why we went) one of the other customers saw Skylar and said in her southern drawl "Who baby that is? She be so cuuuuute". Micah giggled with glee and said "We are officially in the South".
And boy am I going to have fun blogging about it..........

4 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safely! Welcome to your new, temporary home! Aunt Raina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear my Chunky-Monkey was a good traveller. That was our top prayer, after safety. Can't wait to have our turn, Grandbabe and Grandstud! Maybe we can go see the Army mule-----closest thing to a horse around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rear ended? Where? How? USAA.. thank goodness for insurance! Slick roads?
    When does the furniture arrive? Is Skylar sleeping ok?
    Miss you all terribly.
    Love you.. welcome "home". Enjoy! Hugs to Skylar! Hugs to you and Micah!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...