Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Frozen Hot Chocolate

So I've been really craving hot chocolate these days. I like to get the sugar-free kind and then add lots of mini marshmallows. I recently discovered frozen hot chocolate, and now I alternate between the two. This recipe is from nutritionist Joy Bauer, and considering it's a dessert, isn't too bad for you at all. And it's easy to make.

These are the star ingredients, plus some ice and vanilla.(You obviously don't have to use the low sugar and light versions of everything--it would no doubt taste even better if you went full throttle).

In a blender combine:

1/2 cup of chocolate syrup
1 cup of fat-free evaporated milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups of ice cubes

Garnish with some whipped cream (and chocolate shavings if your feeling fancy and have plenty of extra time on your hands). It makes a blenderful, so there's plenty to share!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! When i was pregnant last winter with our son I was CRAVING hot chocolate all the time. I bought one of those electric mixers for it and had a mug once a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, I bought you some dark chocolate truffles at Trader Joe's yesterday. That should scratch your chocolate itch.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...