Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WHY wednesday.

Skylar asks me "why?" all day long. (For some reason I thought that didn't start until three and I had more time, but I was wrong).

I have a few why questions of my own that I wish I could get answered.

Like WHY are there dead flies between my double-paned windows. How did they get in there when it appears to be sealed tight? And how am I supposed to get them out?

WHY is the silverware tray always filled with crumbs when only clean silverware goes in?

WHY on days when you forget to take the trash to the curb by 7 am do they always come on time and days when you get it out there on time they are always a few hours late?

WHY is it I can only finish half of my diet coke when I drink it from a can, but if I pour it in a glass I can drink the whole thing and if I'm at a restaurant I can drink the equivalent of a whole six pack?

WHY can't I hear my cell phone ring when it's ten feet away but I can hear Skylar call me when she is upstairs with her door closed and I am on the other side of the house with music playing?

That's it for today.

How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Here are some for you Keri

    I question these things

    Why do kids want out on days it is yucky and shouldn't be out and don't want to go out when it is gorgeous and throw a fit to stay home?

    Why does a child LOVE a certain food item and then hate it the next time you serve it with love?

    Why is the trunk to my passat so so so heavy and hard to lift and close?

    Why does something always break in the house the day Ryan leaves to go out to sea for weeks at a time?

    Why do the neighbors have party with blaring music the one day you have both children down for a nap at the same time and have an opportunity for Mommy to rest?

    Why do our dogs have to shed? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondered the same thing about my Passat trunk! What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I loved this post! We entered the WHY stage a little while back.... and at first I tried to always answer with a truthful thought out answer. Now I've learned the beauty of the word BECAUSE!!! Sometimes it's just necessary for sanity sake after five solid responses!

    I have no answer for the crumbs in the silverware draw and it drives me crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...