Thursday, October 21, 2010

Indignity.

Skylar and I were killing an hour in Target the other night (I was hoping to wear her out) and out of the corner of my eye I saw a discarded costume sitting on the wrong rack. A Hot Dog costume. It had no tags, and there were no others to compare it to.

So I took it to the front to find out how much it was, because if you know my husband, you know a Hot Dog costume would make his day. I had to get it for Micah. Well, and the Hot Dog Queen.

The employees had no idea how much it was, so they made up a dirt cheap price and it was mine.

It was Sabot's actually..........
And he HATES it. He stood frozen in one spot for 30 minutes until I took it off. I just assumed he would lay down or something, but I found him right where I left him, his head hung in misery. Seriously, why are we putting up a fence now that I have this hot dog costume?

Had it been Jack, he would have owned that hot dog. He would be shamelessly trotting up and down the streets working that bun and basking in all the attention he always seems to attract. Jack was made for stardom. He holds up his little paws for his pink, fur trimmed parka. (Please excuse the fact that in this picture Micah is wearing a shirt he's had since 10th grade and randomly pulled out of the closet last week. There is no explanation for that.)
Jack's perfect costume will someday cross my path. But until then, Sabot will have to suffer the indignity of being a hot dog because it makes us happy.

4 comments:

  1. I love that costume! Sabot is such a great sport! I'll keep my eyes open for some options for Jack as well. I put hats on our dogs and they give us the same reaction. Is it really that embarrassing? Also, how does Micah still have that sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabot looks mortified. Look at those sad eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, so cute....but poor thing! Aunt Raina

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great blog! I laughed so hard at the frozen hot dog! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...