Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas greetings from us to you. Or not.

So I am really trying to get Christmas cards out this year. Our attempts at family pictures before Micah left didn't turn out very well. Plan B was to have Micah hold up a "Merry" sign and Skylar and I take a picture with a "Christmas" sign and put them together on a card.

Micah got his half done without a problem.....


Skylar and I aren't fairing so well. We were all dressed up from church, so after getting the tripod set up, we had a photo shoot. In the first set of 10 pictures she is doing the scary smile....


Then she grabbed a nativity set while I was resetting the camera, and my attempts at hiding it behind the sign were futile....

Not working......
I even bribed her to keep going by letting her open a Christmas present somewhere around picture 40. And finally frustration set in as I realized it just wasn't going to happen. (She's obviously enjoying the fact that she's frustrating me).

Out of 50 pictures those were the best of the bunch. So maybe there won't be a Christmas card this year. I'm running out of time and not feeling very motivated to dress us both up again. I had to tackle her and pin her down screaming to get those pigtails in. It was exhausting.

Merry Christmas everyone. Consider yourself greeted.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that first one is really good though! See you guys in a week!
    -Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think you should send them out... or just embrace the practicality and informality of the 21st Century and allow us to accept this blog as our card. I don't think anyone will mind one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I can relate with the Christmas cards. This year I am completely and totally thrown off. I just haven't gotten anything done and well, at this rate, the cards are just going to have to be New Years cards. I hope all is well with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really appreciate getting #4 in the mail. I would hang it up on my fridge forever. #1 is really cute though!! We haven't done any Christmas cards either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cards? Cards? Ugh!!!
    I always think it, does that count?
    All cute tho!
    I like the pic of your house with the snow.. soooo perfect! Snow perect!
    HUGS Blessings
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should have sent out the last one you posted. That about sums up enduring a deployment on the home front. =)
    Nic

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...