Friday, December 17, 2010

Date night.

I have a hot date tonight with my paint brush. And another one tomorrow night with my sewing machine. It's going to be a double header weekend.


Skylar went to bed at 6:30 this evening. It's been a busy week. We've had an event requiring me to bring food every single day this week, if not twice a day. I briefly thought about taking advantage of the quiet time and curling up with a movie and ice cream (which is exactly why there is no ice cream in the house, thank goodness they don't deliver, although that would be a really good idea....anybody?) Or even practicing good time management and folding laundry or wrapping presents or cleaning the house.

Instead I'm going to do something way more fun.

I'm finally doing the dining room. Here's the before. Hopefully within 48 hours I'll have an after.


I've had a vision in my head since June when I found some yellow and grey damask fabric for the dining room curtains (I'm obsessed with damask. It's okay if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm a dork). I've just been waiting it out, hoping the urge would pass. Hoping I would decide there was no point in painting a room that's already a very nice color. A color that I like, but I don't love.

I decided I need to love it.

Pictures soon to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see Keri!!! I love your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read Isaiah 9:6 without hearing it sung in my head..sung in all the glory that the music seems to bring it alive..and the emotion. What a gift music is..Thank you Lord!

    OK..I am so excited to see what you have done. I wish you lived closer so you could inspire me. I am in a rut.

    HUGS & Prayers!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Skylar actually went to bed at 6:30!! I don't think my kids EVER went to bed that early. I love the color of the dining room and the curtains...I'm amazed how you can get painting done so fast! I painted my kids' SMALL bathroom this summer and it took me a couple of days!! Aunt Raina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...