Monday, December 6, 2010

Cookie Therapy

It's pretty much a law of nature that when your husband is away, things at home will start to fall apart.

I've only been home for 5 days, and in those 5 days.....

Called a plumber to come fix the broken garbage disposal/backed up kitchen sink.

Woke up to a freezing cold house because the furnace had "gone out". I googled how to trouble shoot a furnace, flipped a bunch of different switches, and it's been working fine ever since. But being cold is great fear of mine, so now I check it compulsively.

A trip to the ER to get Skylar on an antibiotic this weekend.

Apparently mice have moved in for the winter. I discovered this when I opened a drawer in the kitchen and found a rubber spatula chewed to bits with poop everywhere (one of my favorites from William Sonoma too!!!!). Horrified I emptied the drawers and washed everything. I haven't seen any other evidence, but it doesn't matter. Time to exterminate before they find the pantry.

Lots of drama involving childcare and my doctor's appointments. You cannot take children with you to doctor's appointments at our clinic, especially ultrasounds. I've had 3 doctors appointments in 3 days. The clinic here kindly offers in-house childcare. Childcare that they won't let me use because I chose to get her shots done on my own schedule, one or two at a time, and by the time I took her in for two of them they were irrelevant for her age. Shots that she would have had gotten 2 years ago and that pediatricians in 3 states of now confirmed she no longer needs. Why should I give her two shots now that she doesn't need just to satisfy their computer system? Craziness.

So I've had to reschedule my appointments and scrounge for childcare.

And the X-terra is currently sitting in the garage with a flat tire. Awesome.

Obviously, there was only one thing to be done. It was time to bake some cookies.


Much better.

3 comments:

  1. Love your new blog header pic. And those snowflake cookies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, I am sorry that you have had a crazy few days. Hopefully things start to settle down for you. And I completely understand the mice thing, we had that issue over the summer. Cross your fingers none for the winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look delish!!!!
    Skylar on meds? Not surprised, poor baby!
    OMGoodness, what a mess to come back to. Hope all is better- eating those cookies would help me!
    HUGS HUGS!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...