Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The tiny tree.

I love going to stores this time of year. Skylar and I just roam up and down the Christmas aisles looking at all the fun things. She is drawn to all things sparkly, so everything is especially pretty to her. Except the Nutcrackers. They are terrifying. (I may have pretended to bite her finger with one).

I told her she could pick out her own little Christmas tree at Target and she went straight for the purple one. (Why do they even sell purple Christmas trees??? This isn't Manhattan, Kansas.) I steered her towards the white one. She was just excited to have a tree, so she didn't really care. (And I guess technically I didn't really let her pick it out, did I? I feel a little guilty now.)

Then she picked out her ornaments and a string of lights from the dollar spot, and chattered excitedly nonstop until we got home to decorate it.

She dumped all of her little ornaments into a container so they wouldn't roll away, and after hanging up three of them got kind of bored and said it was "my job".
And she's been un-decorating it ever since. I find those tiny balls all over the house. But that's okay. It's still the coolest night light ever. We might just keep it up all year round.

3 comments:

  1. I love it and you did a good "job" mommmy!
    Kristy and Micah had a small tree in their rooms until that got "old". They do grow up..:(
    But those memories..ahhhhh
    Love you
    Hugs all around!
    Yoleeeene sends her love. ;)
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute, Keri. You're such a fun mom! I had forgotten about having a tree of my own, Mom. Did Skylar get her hair cut or is it just pulled back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I will see you guys in 4 days! Oh Keri I never heard how Jack responded to his 3 weeks in the kennel. Is he ignoring you still?
    -Josh

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...