Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Balloon pool.


I was doing my most dreaded task the other day {folding laundry} with HGTV on in the background {my mindless channel of choice}. They had a Christmas special with celebrity homes being decorated for the holidays. Most of the decor was atrocious, but there was a swimming pool filled with silver and white balloons to mimic snow.

Today I was rummaging through a closet and found a bag of balloons. Our pug is obsessed with balloons, so Skylar and I like to play "keep away" with him as he hits the balls with his nose like a seal. 

Finley wanted in on the fun, but he was getting frustrated that they were floating away from him...and then I remembered the pool.

So out to the sketchy, spider-laden attic over the garage I went and retrieved our dirty kiddy pool {today was the second time I've ever gone up those stairs} and then  attempted to wash it in the utility sink in the basement to avoid the freezing hose water outside.

 Our non-celebrity version wasn't nearly as elaborate, but the balloons were contained enough for Finley to grab them and Skylar was entertained long enough for me to finally hang up curtains in the playroom (it's only been 5 months since I took them down to paint).





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...