Friday, December 30, 2011

The time to shop.

January is the time to score the retail deals. {That is if Christmas hasn't completely sapped your shopping motivation.}

Skylar, Finley and I went out today to see what bargains could be had.

Really I was just trying to get everyone out of the house so that Micah could take a nap and hopefully recover from this debilitating illness that has seized him and ruined his week of vacation.

So I was left unchaperoned and to my own devices with two small children that have to stay warm.

I had two goals (in addition to the welfare of my ailing husband of course):

I wanted to stock up on discount toys for the birthday parties to come this year, and to score some bargains on clothes for the kids for next winter.

Toys are 50% off at Target right now. They will soon be 75% off--I know this from last year. This is the time to stock up people! Especially if you know you have 18 birthday parties in the year to come.

And at Old Navy....75% off sales all over the place.

Then a trip to Petco so the kids could watch the ferrets play for ten whole minutes. {Seriously....maybe I need a ferret around here so I can cook dinner. Not.}

Anyway, as I was doing my own scavenging, Skylar was doing a little shopping of her own. She found a pair of bunny slippers and a puffy vest that she loved. The slippers were $3 and the puffy vest $6, so she was allowed to get them. She put them on as soon as she got home and said......

"I feel......famous!"

How she even knows what that means is beyond me.


Here's a blurry shot of her little booty shake.

We did not teach her this, she was just born this way.....


Now you know how to feel famous {for under $10}.

1 comment:

  1. Is that a tiny hiney? Thanks for the head's up on the sales!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...