Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The crazy wreath lady.

 This year I can't stop with the wreaths.

A couple of weeks ago at the comissary I went to the back of the produce department to inquire about wreaths. They carried them last year, so where were they this year?

I was told they weren't putting them out because they made too much of a mess last year.

(And I suppose because they are a government organization they can afford to purchase inventory and then just not sell it???)

So there they were just sitting in the back, piles of wreaths, not being sold because nobody knew they were there.

I asked for two.

He said he would give them to me for three dollars.

So I said, "I'll take four...make that six!"

Okay, so I have eight.

But they smell so good and we have a fake tree, so it kind of compensates to have that fresh piney smell all over the house. (And you know....needles dropping left and right).

I have put them everywhere inside and out. And thanks to my 75% off post-Christmas shopping extravaganza at Target last year, I have oodles of ornaments to put on them.

In the playroom I used scrapbook paper cut-outs of Finley and Skylar's little hands....

 The living room wreath and mantle are loaded down with all of those discount ornaments. {The three reindeer are from the Target dollar spot. I love them.}


 And I'll spare you a tour of all eight wreaths, so here's just one more (and I just realized a light bulb is out in one of the porch lights when I looked at this picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...